Lentil and Sausage Soup
Lentil and sausage soup came up to my mind remembering the classic Polish soup "Żurek", which I've tasted last summer thanks to a friend. In fact, even that soup is cooked with carrots, potatoes and sausage, but it is much more complicated. Mine is easy and delicious, you should definitely try it!
Lentils 150/200 gr.
Susages 400 gr.
1 - 2 Carrots
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vegetable Stock or Water
- First, soak the lentils in cold water. I used those tiny ones that do not need this step, but I let them rest anyway for about two hours.
- Chop half a onion and half a carrot and stir fry in olive oil.
- When softened, place the sausage cut into pieces and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- At this point, drain the lentils and add to the sausage with three glasses of water or broth and cook with the lid.
- Add the salt, the pepper, the carrot and the chopped potato.
- Cook for about half an hour.