giovedì 15 gennaio 2015

Teriyaki-inspired Salmon and Plain Rice

Posted on 12:37 in ,
Last summer, when I was in Warsaw, I've eaten for the first time the Teriyaki Salmon. It was really delicious, so yesterday I decided to cook it at home but, unfortunately, the Teriyaki sauce needs specific Japanese ingredients as Mirin and Saké, which I didn't have. So I've looked how to replace those ingredients and I found out that you can use white wine instead of the sakè, and sherry or vermouth instead of the mirin. Obviously, if you have the Japanese ingredients use them!


Ingredients

For the Marinade
Soy Sauce- 2 spoons
White Wine- 1 spoon
Honey - 2 teaspoons
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Malt Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
Ginger
Garlic - 1 clove
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

For the rest of the dish
Salmon - 350 gr
Basmati Rice - 2 coffe cups
Water
Salt

2 servings

  • Put all the ingredients for the marinade in the oven dish, included the garlic which I've cut into slices and the ginger. If you have the ginger powder, sprinkle a little bit, otherwise cut into slices like the garlic.
  • Now place the salmon fillet in the marinade and let rest at least one hour. The more it will marinate, the more it will be tasty.
  • After the marinate-time, cook the salmon in a very hot pan, starting from the skin side. During the cooking add the rest of the marinade.
  • In the meantime, boil and salt the water to cook the basmati rice.
  • When the salmon is ready, place in a plate with the portion of rice.
  • I prefer not to add salt because the soy sauce is salty enough to me.



0 comments:

Posta un commento

AddThis