As often happens, the best recipes are born when you match those two or three ingredients that you find in your fridge ... and here's how the radicchio and ricotta veggieballsthey were born! Easy to make,with few ingredients but a lot of flavor! They are even eggless, very light but tasty! If you do not like the radicchio you can replace it with another vegetable you like. These veggieballs are perfect for a light lunch or for a happy hour with friends.
170 gr. Ricotta Cheese
3 Slices Wholemeal Bread
1 Clove of Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut and wash half a radicchio.
- Chop the onion and cook with a little oil and the clove of garlic. Add a little water to cook it well and then add the radicchio.
- Let cook a bit and then simmer with the red wine (even the white one is okay). Add salt.
- When the radicchio is cooked, blend it with a mixer and then drain in order to make it loose the water in excess.
- Now pour the radicchio in a bowl and add the ricotta.
- In the mixer where there was the radicchio, blend the 3 bread slices and then add to the mixture.
- Mix well, add salt and shape the veggie balls.
- I've got 18 veggie balls
- Put a little olive oil on the veggie balls and bake at 200° in baking tray with the baking paper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.