martedì 19 novembre 2013

Italian classic sugo (tomato sauce)

Posted on 10:54 in ,
Hello people,

Today I want to discuss a subject that Italian people (including me) care a lot about: the SUGO, tomato sauce in English.  Every Italian eats pasta with sugo almost once a week, in my opinion it's the most Italian thing ever. I have been to Nottingham for six months, I have been studying there, and during that period I've seen the worst Italian nightmares come true. Do you want an example? Pasta with ketchup. Maybe it's fine for you, but trust me, as Italian I wanted to run away from there and never come back!!!
So, in order not to make a terrible mistake, read my recipe!

Ingredients
Tomato sauce 
Onion
Olive oil
Sugar
Salt
Basil leaves

It's very easy.
1) Finely chop the onion (as much as you like, but not too much) and place it in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
2) When it becomes golden, add the tomato sauce and let cook for about 20 minutes.
3) Then add a little bit of salt and sugar. The sugar is essential to contrast the acidity of the tomatoes.
4) Add the basil leaves to flavour.

That's the easiest and most common recipe of Italian tomato sauce, but if you want, you can add garlic in the step one, or carrots and celery. There a lot of different versions.

By the way, now put your Italian super classic tomato sauce on your pasta and try the Italian taste!
                                                                                                                               

P.s. Add tons of parmesan on your pasta!!!! :)

 photo Firma_zps0bcccc0e.png       

0 comments:

Posta un commento

AddThis