Today I've decided to cook the codfish balls to change recipe and not doing in the pan as usual. I had some leftover savoy cabbage so I've combined the two ingredients and the result has been very good and tasty! These codfish balls are light, without eggs and potatoes.
Frozen Codfish 2 fillets
1/4 Savoy Cabbage
Ricotta 1 spoon
Wholemeal bread 2 slices
Tahini 1 teaspoon (optional)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Let defrost the codfish fillets and drain them, otherwise the codfish balls will be too soft.
- Let boil the savoy cabbage for 20 minutes.
- Drain the savoy cabbage e put in the mixer with the cut fish, the bread, the ricotta, the spices and the tahini. The tahini is a paste made from ground, hulled sesame seeds used to make the hummus. I've done half dose without it and the result was very good anyway.
- Now pour everything in a bowl and add a little flour to compact the mixture.
- Now shape the balls and flour them.
- Put the balls in a oven dish and pour a litthe olive oil on them. If it is needed ass some salt.
- Bake at 200° for about 20-25 minutes. They have to be crispy outside and soft inside.
- With this amount of ignredients I got 16 balls.